Facilities and Workplace Operations Manager
Finance & StrategyApply for this position
Zoox has embarked on a highly ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for our cities. As the Facilities and Workplace Operations Manager within the Places and Build organization you will join a nimble and diverse group of professionals that manage the Real Estate portfolio, design, construction of bespoke office and industrial environments, maintenance of these facilities, and delivery of culinary services across the Bay area- with new cities being acquired throughout 2022 and beyond.
We’re looking for an innovative and dynamic self-starter that will organize and manage Facility operations throughout our Foster City portfolio while creating diverse workplace services for our crew. Our portfolio consists of leading-edge office environments, micro-kitchens, kitchens/cafes, and a variety of technical support spaces that include R&D labs, prototyping shops, testing labs, maintenance facilities, charging infrastructure, and ID studios.
You will be detail-oriented with strong technical knowledge (MEP systems), financial management skills and possess excellent and open customer-service abilities while engaging across all departments and cross-functional teams (Places and Build, IT, security, food, events, etc,) at Zoox.
- Manages internal and external resources to drive superior facility services and workplace functions across the Foster City HQ portfolio (approximately 400K+ SF and 6+ buildings)
- Drive innovative approaches and solutions with internal stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and leadership that provide exceptional services in the workplace
- Collaborate with execs, EAs, department leads and internal support teams (design, construction, IT, occupancy planning, food, event planners, EHS, security, etc.) to design/deliver proper service levels across the portfolio
- Manage and update existing request/ticketing processes
- Develop budgets and track/report on all financial impacts of the portfolio on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis
- Create/manage contracts and service level agreements (SLAs) with all vendors and develop/track KPIs for the FC portfolio
- Review and manage existing service agreements to create/drive new contracts where appropriate through an RFP process
- Supervise all work from internal/external employees to ensure that all tasks are performed correctly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Hire, train and motivate facility personnel. Maintain positive staff relations. Conduct or approve performance evaluations for staff
- Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections.
- Interact with key customers and stakeholders and keep them apprised of priorities and provide status updates as required
- Manage all moves, adds, and changes while working/collaborating w/ our planners, IT, security and end-users
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, and monitoring of all mechanical/electrical and utility systems
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all facilities-related issues in our offices, RD, and lab spaces.
- Develop/Implement policies, procedures, and programs that will assure well-managed, well-maintained buildings and facilities.
- Coordinate with EH&S function, personnel, and associated safety programs and environmental services to facilitate compliance.
- Budget and maintain an up-to-date supply inventory on all equipment, tools, and supplies for the property.
- Serve as a leader and partner on the ongoing development of our RD labs and office spaces, and manufacturing spaces.
- Ensuring the facilities meet compliance standards and government regulations
- Manage and keep updated records of energy bills, equipment services, infrastructure repair, etc.
- 7+ years of facility operations management experience in technology and industrial industries
- Adaptable self-starter, with excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrable ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities and demands
- Ability to lead, train and execute at a high professional level
- Ability to create, manage and track financial activities relating to the portfolio (operating and capital budgets).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact at all levels, including execs, Zoox crew, guests, vendors, and team members.
- Experience managing industrial spaces (fabrication shops, R&D labs, logistics, etc.)
- Above average knowledge of building systems & maintenance (HVAC, fire life safety, lighting, electrical, plumbing, EV charging stations, etc.)
- Ability to manage vendors, develop bid specifications, and negotiate prices for all goods and services
- Working knowledge of regulatory agency requirements
- Working knowledge of leases, contracts, and related documents
- Strong presentation skills required- (MS Office, Word, and Excel + Google Sheets)
- Experience using work order systems and other CAFM systems
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.