Audio Signal Processing and ML Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
At Zoox, you’ll collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, machine learning, localization, computer vision, and simulation. You’ll master new technologies while working on code, algorithms, and research in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
You will be working on the forefront of Zoox audio architecture, enabling a number of audio based interactions to enable our robot to navigate safely in busy urban streets. We are looking for an Audio Algorithms Engineer to join the Advanced Hardware Engineering team. In this role, you will be involved in developing and implementing audio algorithms that will enable our robots to hear. You will also collaborate with our Perception and Planner teams to seamlessly integrate your algorithms with the vehicle software stack. .
- Minimum of 2 years academic or industry experience in designing, choosing and optimizing signal processing and machine learning algorithms related to audio and speech processing.
- Experience with machine learning techniques such as deep neural nets (DNN, CNN, LSTM-RNN) and traditional statistical modeling/feature extraction techniques (GMM, HMM, NMF / spectrograms, MFCC etc) for voice recognition and audio event classification.
- Experience in development platforms such as Keras, Tensor Flow, PyTorch, and SensorRT Hands-on and theoretical background of signal processing techniques including adaptive filtering, filter banks and wavelet processing, speech analysis and synthesis, speech and audio coding.
- Experience in one or more of areas related to speech recognition, acoustic echo cancellation and noise reduction, speech enhancement and speech/audio coding and compression.
- Software development skills in C/C++, Python and/or Matlab
- BS, MS or PhD in a relevant degree (CS/CE, EE, ME etc.)
- Experience in deploying ML algorithms in GPU/CUDA based systems
- Experience in system level end-to-end prototype design and characterization.
- Knowledge of ambisonics and 3D rendering algorithm development.
- Knowledge of acoustic design methods for speakers and microphones.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.