Electrical Engineer, Networking
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
Zoox's Advanced Hardware Engineering team is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of sensor technology and the compute platform for our vehicles. In this role, you will work within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to guild the development of ruggedized embedded networking products.
- Provide engineering leadership for multiple networking modules
- Work extensively with cross-functional teams (software, mechanical, integration) to ensure product success
- Problem solve design, testing, manufacturing, and operational issues
- Oversee internal and external hardware development
- Drive team to consensus in dynamic environment
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional work experience
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- Track record of successful product delivery
- Experience in board and system-level testing and characterization
- Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation tools
- Working knowledge of schematic design and PCB layout tool (Altium Designer preferred)
- Strong problem solving skills (both technical and organizational)
- Experience with both prototype and high volume contact manufacturing including overseas
- Experience with ethernet networking as well as higher levels of OSI stack
- Experience with ruggedized embedded systems
- Familiarity with networking software terminology and development process
- Experience in various development models (JDM/OEM)
- Experience in software/automation development
- Hands-on lab experience such as soldering, and experience with lab equipment (power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes)
- Familiarity with common industry technologies and protocols including I2C, UART, SPI, 100/1000Base-T1
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.