Financial Analyst - FP&A
Finance & StrategyApply for this position
The Zoox Finance team is responsible for managing multiple aspects of our business, including formulation of financial statements and reports, maintaining short and long-term financial models, implementation of tools and processes to support decision making, financial analysis of strategic initiatives, and much more.
As a Financial Analyst, you will partner directly with several Zoox organizations to drive financial planning and forecasting processes, provide direct analytical support, and manage financial operations. This will require learning your business partners’ operations; establishing strong working relationships with executives, managers, and individual contributors; and utilizing available systems and tools to establish robust processes.
A successful candidate should be willing and able to work through ambiguity, roll up your sleeves to understand the financial needs of your business partners and utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills to optimize capital utilization.
- Own long-range and mid-year financial/operational planning for several key areas of the business including strategic alternative analyses, financial modeling, and headcount planning
- Manage close activities for your business partners, including managing PO and invoice accruals, ensuring accurate accounting treatment of spend, and running variance analysis
- Analyze large financial datasets from Anaplan, SAP S4, and SAP Ariba to enable financial operations and create actionable insights
- Support implementation of systems required for commercial operations through design, build, testing, and cutover phases
- Partner with other support organizations (PMO, Strategy, etc) to develop and recommend future operational scenarios
- BA/BS degree, ideally in Finance, Accounting, or a quantitative field
- 3+ years experience in an FP&A or similar analytical role such as consulting
- 2+ years of direct experience building models, forecast input templates, dashboards, and business process development with Anaplan or other financial planning software
- Experience with annual budgeting, rolling forecasting, capital budgeting, and long-term strategic planning
- Experience with large-scale financial or ERP system implementations
- Highly analytical, with a proven ability to synthesize and analyze large amounts of data to develop clear insights and recommendations
- Ability to develop strong, cross-functional working relationships across the finance team and beyond
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.