Vehicle Test Engineer
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
At Zoox, we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using virtual tools and methodologies. In taking on ownership of vehicle testing activities, you will be an integral link to successfully validating the Zoox vehicle.
- Oversee and manage vehicle-level testing activities and/or work within a team to execute tests from request to reporting of results
- Direct and support technicians in installing test equipment
- Reserve appropriate test assets
- Determine and arrange appropriate test facilities
- Arrange necessary logistics (vehicle and or part transports)
- Execute tests and compile data. Analyze data and report results
- Own vehicle-level testing activities so they are conducted accurately and efficiently
- Engineering degree with 5+ years of hands-on experience in vehicle development testing; complete vehicle testing preferred
- Deep experience in one or more areas of vehicle testing such as NVH, Safety, Thermal, Vehicle Dynamics, etc.
- Excellent communication skills to coordinate technicians and testing support personnel
- Excellent organizational skills to coordinate all aspects of test activities
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with instrumentation: data recorders, accelerometers, thermocouples and other transducers
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.