Technical Program Manager, Powertrain Hardware
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
The Powertrain Engineering team at Zoox is responsible for the design, development, and production of an electric powertrain specifically tailored for our autonomous mobility service. Our team has an action biased culture marked by integrity, humility, competence, and passion for the Zoox mission and the systems we design. We are building real products here and are looking for doers to join us.
As Technical Program Manager (TPM), you will support multiple projects in powertrain and charging infrastructure, working with cross functional teams across the company to meet vehicle and company program milestones. You will work with engineers and suppliers to define timelines for deliverables, identify and escalate awareness of risks to develop mitigation plans, support budget planning activities, and clearly communicate progress to vehicle development management and the executive team. The TPM amplifies the efficacy of the engineering team and works to improve and minimize processes to get work done. If you are excited about tackling challenging problems and guiding the team to success, we want to hear from you!
- You will communicate challenges and identify program risks while proactively developing mitigation plans with engineering.
- You will work with cross-functional teams, both internal and external, to drive open questions or issues to closure.
- You will interface with suppliers and contract manufacturers to align expectations in order to deliver on time.
- You will develop schedules based on company milestones and ensure that projects remain on track.
- You will establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments, and present to the executive team.
- You will lead change management process coordination with all stakeholders.
- You will prepare and track a department budget forecast and reconcile with expenses.
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of engineering experience, and 5+ years of program management.
- Familiarity with hardware product development and manufacturing processes, and demonstrated delivery of components with engineering design and development partners.
- Proven track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. JIRA, Gantt charts, ERP, PLM).
- Ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
- Automotive or aerospace experience
- Passion for electric, autonomous mobility.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.