Foster City, CA • Full-time Program Manager, Vehicle Development Process
Program Manager, Vehicle Development Process
Zoox is developing autonomous driving from the ground up, including the development of a unique vehicle tailored to autonomous driving. The Vehicle Program team is responsible for working cross-functionally to ensure that this groundbreaking vehicle is delivered on-time, to budget and to a very high quality standard.
Reporting to the Vehicle Program Director; the Program Manager, Vehicle Development Process will act as the lead for the development of lean processes supporting the engineering development activities within the Vehicle Engineering team.
- You will continuously assess the Vehicle Engineering team’s current and future workload, processes and tasks with a focus on maximizing efficiency and maintaining effectiveness.
- Have a good understanding of existing IT tools in order to determine the most efficient means of effectively supporting Vehicle Engineering Processes.
- You will build a roadmap for VE Process development to show how systems and processes will evolve over time based on program demands.
- You will coordinate with cross-functional teams to scope, design, pilot, deploy and communicate process updates and improvements.
- You will undertake program management of aspects of the vehicle program from time to time as needed.
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience in engineering or program management in the automotive industry
- Experience in vehicle development at all stages; product ideation, design, release, prototyping, validation, launch and production
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts)
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficiency using JIRA to capture and track engineering development tasks.
- Experience and interest in process development and implementation.
- Experience in a highly dynamic start-up environment.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.