Foster City, CA • Full-time Prototype Fabricator
As a Prototype Fabricator / Machinist at Zoox you will aid in the development of one-off and short run quantities of Prototype parts needed by our various hardware teams. You'll work together with members from Vehicle, Compute and Manufacturing Engineering as well as your fellow team members. A strong aptitude for communication and Team dynamic will serve you well and is a core requirement for this role. You’ll be a hands-on contributor with emphasis on MIG welding, TIG welding, Shear, Brake, Manual Mill, Manual Lathe, Fixturing, CNC Plasma, Waterjet and Acrylic Laser cutter projects small to large.
- Working closely with the Zoox Engineering teams
- Communicating clearly via email, in person and via Google docs
- Taking direction well and confirming accuracy of instructions
- Interpreting and working from prints and CAD
- Producing high quality parts
- Operating associated equipment (Mill, Lathe, water jet, TIG welder, MIG welder, Shear, and Brake)
- Use of appropriate PPE
- 5+ years of experience as a professional fabricator
- Desire to continually develop your skill set
- Experience working with a cross functional team
- Ability to work well in a team environment and work autonomously
- Knowledge of JIRA, Solidworks, CATIA, GD&T
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.