Fremont, CA • Full-time Manufacturing Quality Engineering Technician
Manufacturing Quality Engineering Technician
The Manufacturing Quality Engineering Technician will support the Manufacturing Engineering Team and work cross-functionally with Vehicle Engineering, Corporate Quality and Supplier Quality within Zoox. The Technician will use their technical background to perform root cause analysis on vehicles, record their findings, and communicate critical information to the cross-functional team.
- Read technical drawings and CAD to understand part design and intended assembly
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to facilitate root cause analysis
- Develop and document troubleshooting techniques
- Work with the Manufacturing Engineering Team to identify and communicate trends
- Create/update Quality documents
- 3-5 years of experience
- Ability to read technical drawings and understand CAD models
- Broad technical background with mechanical and electrical systems
- Experience performing root cause analysis
- Ability to read PFMEA and Control Plans
- Desired A.S. in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering and 5 years experience
- Automotive experience
- Experience building test equipment
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.