People ExperienceApply for this position
The HR Generalist position is a new role for us here at Zoox, so you will have the unique opportunity to help us define the role. You will be at the front line for employee support, ensuring a seamless employee experience, and coordinating any sensitive matters to the appropriate staff. You will also partner closely with the People Partners and others within our People Experience team to optimize the productivity of our crew.
- Deliver excellent front line employee support. This means connecting with our crew, dealing with first level queries, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff and being responsible for providing guidance to new and existing crew on our company policies and procedures
- Assist with administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal/state legal requirements
- In partnership with the Benefits team, provide guidance to crew on our Leave of Absence policies
- Assist the People Partners with employee engagement, retention strategies, and team building
- Coordinate the off-boarding of employees and assess the success of general crew 90-day onboarding and suggest improvements. Assist our People Experience team in leading and coordinating weekly new hire orientation
- Execute tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs, including but not limited to: assisting People Partners with performance reviews, compensation planning, and talent management
- Document process flows internally and externally
- Collect relevant HR Metrics/Data
- Work with the People Partners, Recruiters, and our Immigration team to assist with immigration matters
- Identify problems or areas of inefficiency and recommend suggestions for improvement where appropriate
- Work closely with cross-functional HR teams to ensure the timely execution of employee transactions and assist managers with Workday Manager Self Service as needed
- Update any HR/People Partner related documentation on a regular basis on our internal systems to ensure we keep materials up to date
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an HR Generalist or similar role or graduate from an HR Master’s program
- You have the ability to maintain confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow through on issues to completion
- You have excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills to interface with multiple levels of the organization
- You are very detail oriented, proactive about recognizing issues and finding viable solutions with little direction
- Excellent critical thinking skills, you know how to identify issues for escalation
- You prioritize your work effectively and have a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- We are growing, and fast! Documentation of processes is critical to scaling. You excel at documenting processes and updating any changes made along the way while keeping stakeholders informed
- People excite you and you are looking to grow your career in HR
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.