Fremont, CA • Internship/Co-op Manufacturing Engineering Internship/Co-op
Manufacturing Engineering Internship/Co-op
As a Manufacturing Engineering Intern, you will support the Manufacturing engineering team with Zoox manufacturing processes, finalize equipment used in our production line, and help capture and troubleshoot manufacturing issues.
This role has a requirement to be physically onsite at one or more of our locations. Zoox is taking many precautions and complying with regulations to ensure the safety of our employees.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1-2 years of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op in relevant area
- Able to commit to a 4-6 month internship
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Previous internship and hands-on experience is a must
- Professional and positive communication skills
Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing and product development teams, as well as supply chain specialists, manufacturing engineers, and logistics personnel.
- Support control plans to assure critical features are controlled through the assembly/production process.
- Support Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design, and develop processes, tooling, assembly fixtures and procedures.
- Organize and analyze data sets that outline systemic improvement opportunities.
- Manage projects involving multiple departments and/or outside contractors.
- Develop and validate processes and tooling used in manufacturing.
- Develop and implement system support process and documentation.
- Support issue resolution for production and assembly including root cause investigation and corrective action tracking.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.