Sensor Systems Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
The Zoox Sensor Systems Engineer should be a highly self-driven and organized individual and is expected to work across the company in a cross-functional role. The goal is to ensure that our sensor suite satisfies high-level requirements and guarantees the safe operation of the vehicle. This candidate should have a strong Systems Engineering mindset, as well as a good understanding of different sensing modalities (Camera, LiDAR and Radar) and how their data products are used by perception algorithms.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams (Software, Electrical, Optical, Mechanical, System Design and Mission Assurance) to negotiate requirements
- Establish and maintain the traceability of vehicle-level sensing requirements to subsystem-level sensor requirements
- Perform System-Level trade studies
- Define V&V strategy for Sensor Systems and work with test engineers to define test plans.
- Interpret test results and evaluate system-level impact
- Establish and enforce Systems Engineering processes
- B.S. in Engineering, Physics or relevant field and 3+ years of experience
- Experience in a Systems Engineering role
- Technical understanding of the physics and fundamental technologies used in automotive Camera, LiDAR, and Radar systems
- Experience in negotiating, writing and managing requirements
- Cross-functional collaboration to determine system requirements, through a combination of field testing or analysis and experience in presenting results
- Experience on Sensors for Autonomous Vehicles (Camera, LiDAR, Radar)
- MATLAB, Python, Optis (or comparable integrated raytracing tool)
- Experience in Sensors V&V
- Experience on Safety-Critical Systems
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $139,000 to $227,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.