Manager, Logistics Operations
As our Sr. Logistics Operations Manager, you will be responsible for day-to-day operations for the manufacturing warehouse including receiving, stocking, inventory management, shipping and all transportation/warehouse related activities. You will also be responsible for planning, developing, and improving the logistics infrastructure as it pertains to supply chain operations for manufacturing. You will be responsible for helping us transition toward being a more production-ready company.
- Own process design, standardization, and implementation as it pertains to warehouse operations and logistics.
- Lead efforts to drive continuous improvements to the delivery process - driving high internal customer satisfaction & lowering operating costs
- Implement change management and continuous improvement methodologies in collaboration with primary stakeholders to all aspects of the warehouse.
- Develop warehouse layout and implement material flow strategies as it pertains to manufacturing assembly lines. Optimize material flow, space, cost, and service levels for parts delivery to product assembly.
- Create standardized work instructions for all operations/logistics roles and implement best practices to increase throughput and quality.
- Manage material handler workforce to support all warehouse related activities while building accountability and best practice countermeasures when needed.
- Provide support and deliver all materials needed by the customer base (manufacturing) on time without defect.
- Design and implement the outbound transportation process to deliver our vehicles to final destination as well as testing sites.
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain operations, logistics, or manufacturing as a manager/supervisor in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Commanding knowledge of lean principles, distribution or fulfillment processes, logistics business systems, predetermined motion and time standards, and application of optimization and simulation methodologies
- Robust experience in creating metrics for warehouse processes and building on them via change management and continuous improvement
- 10 years of experience in people management, change implementation, and managing building KPI’s
- Advanced skills in manufacturing/warehouse layout and process build out. Coming up with material flow as well as storage strategies.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.