Finance & Strategy
The Zoox Finance team is responsible for managing financial workstreams at the corporate level and for all business units across the company. This includes near, medium and long-term forecasting, financial analysis for strategic initiatives, managerial financial reporting, month-end close support, new system implementation, and much more.
As a Financial Analyst, you will directly support several business units, directly working with stakeholders across multiple levels, including executives. You will drive financial and headcount forecasting, provide financial support for business decisions, develop data-driven metrics, and run a multitude of ad-hoc analyses. You should be willing and able to work through ambiguity, roll up your sleeves to understand the financial needs of your business partners, and utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills to optimize Zoox overall strategy. Additionally, Zoox Finance works hand-in-hand with our counterparts at Amazon on financial reporting initiatives. Understanding of GAAP principles and corporate financial systems is critical to executing on this aspect of your work.
A successful approach to the Financial Analyst role will find you splitting your time equally between engaging with your business partners and working with the finance team.
- Support forecasting, business planning and analysis for several key areas of the business including strategic alternative analyses and financial modeling
- Utilize multiple financial applications to provide relevant data to enable actionable insights for decision making
- Partner with Zoox functional areas, including their executives, to develop strong analytical and reporting tools and processes, department-level financial KPIs. This should be done using our financial reporting tools as well as ad-hoc models and reports
- Support your business partners with purchasing activities to ensure they are within the approved forecast and reflect appropriate accounting treatment
- Ad-hoc analysis in support of strategic initiatives
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a quantitative field, MBA preferred
- 4+ years in an FP&A or similar analytical role such as consulting or strategic accounting
- Demonstrated success in advanced financial modeling and analysis
- Experience in managing annual budgeting, rolling forecasting, capital budgeting, and long-term strategic planning
- Highly analytical, with proven ability to synthesize and analyze large amounts of data, develop insights and recommendations and transform them into easily understood and compelling presentations
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and manage multiple stakeholders to introduce new processes and deliver actionable insights
- Ability to develop strong, cross-functional working relationships across the finance team and the full Zoox business to improve processes and deliver actionable insights
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.