Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
At Zoox, you’ll collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, machine learning, controls, computer vision, simulation, design, and automated testing. You will be challenged to rethink what it means for hardware design to develop a purpose-built vehicle that drives itself. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
As an electrical engineer on our electrical systems team, you own the development of various human-machine interfaces (HMI), including infotainment components and operational equipment critical to our vehicle development and testing efforts. In this highly cross-functional role, you will need to develop requirements, solve challenging design problems, create and test prototypes, and coordinate projects to meet critical company milestones.
- Specify electrical component and system requirements and lead engineering discussions and development with suppliers
- Collaborate with hardware design teams, firmware and software teams, and system operators to iterate on existing designs and develop future solutions
- Conduct root cause failure analysis during development, validation, build, and deployment phases
- Support development and execution of system and component level validation test plans
- Work with manufacturing and quality engineers to mature components and support vehicle build, bring-up, and test activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- 3-5+ years of experience in electrical component/system design and troubleshooting
- Experience taking a part or assembly from concept through production, working with external suppliers, and managing deliverables for multiple projects
- Good communication, organization, and documentation skills to drive decisions to closure.
- Automotive (CAN bus, LIN, and other automotive networks), aerospace, or safety critical industry experience
- Knowledge of automotive functional safety (ISO26262) standards
- Firmware / Software experience (managing/developing/testing)
- Experience with chassis and/or electro-mechanical systems
- Experience using 3DX, Catia V5/V6, Altium (or similar tools)
- Experience with electrical and EMI/C testing
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.