Safety Test and Validation Engineer
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. As a member of the Zoox Safety Engineering team you will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering. You will be responsible for planning and executing of component and system tests all the way through to complete vehicle crash testing. Working closely with our internal team and external laboratories you will develop clear and precise protocols and perform tests according to them. Working at Zoox offers you the chance to manifest your creativity, utilize your excellent organizational and communication skills and make a big difference in the final product.
The Safety Test and Validation Engineer is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Planning of safety test activities and hardware requirements and tracking of those
- Development of detailed test protocols
- Develop key performance indicators for test lab assessment and support of RFQs and facility selection
- Close work relation with integration teams to understand test and instrumentation requirements
- Technical interface to external facilities
- Ensure instrumentation and execution of tests (component, system, full vehicle tests) is in line with plan
- Conduct initial data analysis and review with test lab for data integrity
- Reporting of test results and feedback to engineering teams
- Highlight observations, generate and track Jira vehicle performance tickets
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering with passion for electric, autonomous mobility
- At least 10 years of experience within automotive development and testing, preferable safety testing
- Detailed knowledge of FMVSS, and other legal and consumer safety protocols
- Experienced in safety test setup and execution
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience with 3D design and PLM tools, CATIA 3DX or CATIA V5 preferred
- Project management experience
- DFMEA knowledge - Experience with requirements management tools (Polarion or equivalent)
- Capable to build and script templates for first-pass data integrity checks, results analysis, and reporting
- Proficiency with Python, Matlab, and/or NI Diadem
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.