Embedded Software Engineer - Safety Systems
SoftwareApply for this position
Zoox is looking for an embedded software engineer to join our Firmware Safety Systems team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing safety-critical controls and monitoring software for the Zoox vehicle. You will work closely with systems engineers, controls engineers, software engineers, and validation engineers to ensure Zoox delivers a robust and safe product. We are looking for people who are passionate about creating software that never fails through rigorous and detail-oriented development that follows high-assurance processes and industry standards.
- Design, develop, and test embedded safety-critical algorithms and software for the Zoox vehicle
- Create software requirements, design documentation, test plans, and other supporting documentation
- Follow and implement high assurance software development processes, such as ISO-26262, DO-178
- Work cross-functionally with controls engineers, systems engineers, validation engineers, and other experts to ensure the safety algorithms and software meet the high-assurance requirements needed for autonomous driving
- Contribute to failure and hazard analyses and implement safety mitigations in the control software
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle including prototyping, requirements capture, design, implementation, and validation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience developing highly available mission critical embedded software
- Strong embedded C/C++ programming experience
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and tools (Agile, Git, unit testing, CI, etc.)
- Experience with high assurance development practices and tools (Polarion, ISO-26262, MISRA C/C++, etc.)
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics, automotive sensors and actuators, and communication protocols
- Familiarity with Hazard and Risk Assessment (HARA) and/or Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Experience with existing ADAS technologies, including adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, lane-following, automated lane changing
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.