Software Engineer - Simulation
SoftwareApply for this position
Simulation is essential to Zoox’s mission. Zoox uses simulation to develop our driving software, validate our safety, and analyze our real world performance. Our team’s work directly impacts how rapidly and successfully Zoox will achieve its goals.
Our team’s mission is to provide the simulation framework and tools for Zoox to rapidly develop our hardware and software, and to help answer the ultimate question: "Is Zoox’s robot safe to drive on our cities’ streets?"
Sim Core Architecture
- Role: Architect and develop core simulation foundations - including core simulator framework, communication framework, determinism and reproducibility, performance optimization.
- Needs: Deep expertise in C++. Experience with multi-threading, and/or distributed real-time systems.
- Best for: Architects/engineers who care about robust and elegant architecture, correctness, maintainability to deliver foundational technology to boost all Simulation efforts.
- More Info: Software Engineer - Simulation Architecture
Simulation Traffic Modeling & Behavior
- Role: Populate the simulated roads with intelligent participants. Make simulated cars, pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists, etc to behave realistically by default, and tunable to create a full gamut of traffic/agent behaviors.
- More Info: Software Engineer - Simulation Traffic Modeling & Behavior
Simulation Infrastructure - Data Pipeline
- Role: Develop scalable pipeline for orchestrating the execution of simulations and processing of the results
- More Info: Software Engineer - Simulation Infrastructure - Data Pipeline
Simulation Infrastructure - Microservices
- Role: Develop an insanely scalable platform using microservices, cloud databases and message queues
- More Info: Software Engineer - Simulation Infrastructure - Microservices
- Role: Build Scenario Editor for creating effective scenarios and unlock the full potential for simulation.
- More Info: Software Engineer - Simulation - Scenario Editor
Web Front-end for Simulation Framework
- Role: Develop web front-end interfaces for simulation pipeline and tools.
- More Info: Software Engineer - Front-end: Simulation & Visualization
3D Simulator (Sensor Simulation, Procedural Worlds, and HiL)
- Role: Develop realistic simulation for all our sensors (camera, lidar, radar, and more). Extend our procedural world generation pipeline for improved realism and performance. Optimize our 3D simulator for end-to-end driving software simulation at scale as well as hardware-in-the-loop simulation.
- Needs: Fluency in C++. Bonus points for experience in sensor simulation, rendering pipeline, asset pipeline, art tools, or CPU/GPU performance optimization.
Simulation at Scale
- Role: Build the foundation on which simulation relies - from the fundamental concepts of the simulated world and time, through the architecture of our simulation modules, to the data flows and job scheduling of simulations in our supercomputer clusters on site and in the cloud.
- More Info: Simulation at Scale
- Role: Helping to deliver new versions of the simulation framework reliably and efficiently
- More Info: Simulation Release Engineer
Simulation Pipeline Orchestration
- Role: Responsible for speeding up the execution pipeline, making it more usable, and enabling us to run at orders of magnitude larger scale.
- More Info: Simulation Pipeline Orchestration
- Role: Develop Python platform for large scale generation of autonomous driving scenarios for simulation
- More Info: Scenario Generation
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.