Manager, Manufacturing Process Quality
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
The Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for assembling, diagnosing, and testing Zoox’s level 3 and level 5 vehicles. As the Manager of Manufacturing Process Quality, you will be responsible to ensure that the vehicles delivered from the factory meet the high-quality bar of Zoox and ensure that the process executed by the manufacturing team enables this. This will include developing and implementing control and test plans, defining and implementing End-of-Line (EOL) testing, root cause analysis of manufacturing issues, and integrating our Quality Management System into the overall manufacturing system landscape.
- Manage a team of process quality engineers and quality technicians who support day to day assembly, diagnostics, and EOL activities
- Review manufacturing processes, collaborate with cross-functional teams on process improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEAs)
- Defining, collecting, and reporting the key performance indicators to drive manufacturing quality improvements for the Zoox L3 & L5 fleet vehicles
- Managing manufacturing process quality issue tracking and driving root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Leading continuous improvement efforts to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of assembly, diagnostics, and EOL testing
- Develop, implement, and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility"
- Partner with vehicle engineering, corporate quality, and supplier quality teams to identify opportunities for performance improvement and escalate to senior management as necessary to achieve success
- Experience managing a team of quality engineers and technicians in a production environment
- Demonstrated proficiency performing quality root cause analysis and corrective and preventive actions
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing practices and creating Quality Control documentation including PFMEAs
- Demonstrated experience driving quality initiatives and successfully delivering desired quality outcomes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience in quality engineering in a production environment
- Automotive experience at the OEM or Tier I level
- Experience in start-up/product launch activities
- Manufacturing engineering or logistics experience
- Knowledge in ISO and IATF certification
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.