Foster City, CA • Full-time EMC Engineer
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the vehicle performance using various tools and methodologies.
Zoox is looking for an EMC Engineer to ensure electrical reliability and compliance of our complex electrical systems. In this role, you will be responsible for component and vehicle EMC requirements as well as overseeing related design and validation. You will be an EMC expert on a variety of electrical system design topics that bring hardware to life.
- Maintain and develop component/vehicle-level EMC specifications for all electrical components in the vehicle, including proper electrical grounding and shielding practices.
- Schedule and prioritize component EMC tests according to project milestone deliverables.
- Participate in electrical component design reviews by identifying and remedying potential EMC vulnerabilities before they occur in vehicle fleet testing.
- Work with in-house design teams, and suppliers, to countermeasure EMC related issues and develop appropriate solutions to meet project milestone deliverables.
- Collaborate with in-house hardware development teams to provide technical insight on component EMC test methods and pass criteria, as well as support testing activities.
- Lead, schedule, and facilitate vehicle EMC testing and certification from start to finish, including post-processing and generation of test results.
- Regularly report the health of EMC compliance to cross-functional leadership.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering with Electronics Design, Electromagnetic's, or RF/Wireless-related coursework.
- 10+ years of experience in EMC validation of electronic components/systems.
- Understanding of CISPR, ISO, SAE, FCC, and UNECE EMC standards and regulations.
- Experience of utilizing essential test equipment, such as Spectrum/Network Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, etc.
- Electronics design experience including PCBA layout.
- Experience using standard software for managing testing and report creation such as Office Suite, JIRA, etc.
- Hands on experience with automotive EMC validation and countermeasures.
- Experience with automotive-standard data logging tools.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.