Hardware Software Integration Engineer
SoftwareApply for this position
Zoox's Hardware Software Integration team is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform on a day-to-day basis. As an hardware/software integration engineer, you will oversee the deployment of next-generation compute, sensor and data networking systems for autonomous vehicles.
This role is essential and fundamental to the execution stage of Zoox's vehicle program, ensuring that hardware systems operate predictably at all times. This team is the first line of defense for any issues with our vehicle fleet. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills who is excited about being the first responder to triage and debug difficult HW/SW integration issues. The team is also responsible for supporting bring up and manufacturing operations for the vehicle.
The Hardware Software Integration Engineer is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Assist the Hardware Software Integration team in supporting various autonomous vehicle platforms
- Provide remote support for autonomous vehicle missions and serve as the first responder for new HW/SW issues
- Lead and drive debugging of the HW/SW issues to closure. Identify and work with key cross-functional partners to root cause and provide resolution
- Provide feedback to engineering teams to improve future product versions
- Understand the vehicle assembly and test requirements and come up with test plans and specifications to support manufacturing operations
- Develop test automation, leverage in house analysis tools to perform debugging/improve test coverage and enhance test infrastructure
- Work cross-functionally to help characterize vehicle functionality, features, and behaviors
- Develop new processes and human workflows to improve fleet stability
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong EE fundamentals with familiarity in microcontroller based systems, high speed signals, sensing and power electronics
- Working knowledge of schematic design and PCB layout
- Knowledge of electrical characterization equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Fluency in Python or similar scripting language
- Familiarity with git/version management tools, SW debugging tools
- Strong HW/FW debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with hardware interfaces such as ethernet, CAN, USB, UART, LIN. I2C, SPI etc and related testing/debugging tools
- Experience with environmental testing (vibration and thermal)
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools such as Polarion/JIRA
- Prior system integration experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.