UX Designer, Developer Tools
ExperienceApply for this position
The Experience Team collaborates across Zoox to define and champion the “Human Experience”. We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions. We'll address new challenges around AI and define interaction paradigms to advance human experience through design.
If you live and breathe design, if you care about the impact of technology in our society, if you can't stop thinking about how to help improve people's lives, and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges of our times to inspire and enable a better future, get in touch!
In this role, you will invent and design innovative solutions to create experiences that will enable our developers to test and validate software that is mission-critical in a safe and effective manner. You will make strategic decisions and run the design process on key projects and initiatives. You will lead and champion a human-centered design process and culture.
- Gather and leverage user insights and communicate design solutions to inform product direction
- Design interfaces and interactions that are accessible, intuitive, and delightful to use
- Create impactful solutions that are aligned with our design principles and our product strategy
- Invent and prototype new interactions to accelerate productivity
- Define design principles, and align design goals and timelines with key internal decisions and deadlines in a rapidly growing company
- Help define metrics and define solutions that improve our product
- Minimize investment risks by testing solutions and validate assumptions early
- Gain a deep understanding of our internal users
- 4+ years of relevant design experience in a commercial organization
- Experience shipping digital products ie. Desktop, Web, or Mobile
- Experience defining product strategy and value proposition
- Passion for exploring emerging technologies, and making a positive impact on users lives through your work
- Internal Tools or developer platform experience
- Experience working with AI
- Experience in AV/EV industry
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.