Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
Imagine a vehicle that can drive in either direction, that is fully symmetrical, and where the passengers sit in a carriage arrangement. The front row occupant is rearward facing. Now, imagine the restraint system can protect all four passengers at NCAP 5 start performance levels. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, release, and launch of a new generation of passive restraint systems for Zoox's autonomous vehicles. You will support the development and help integrate restraint performance to deliver this complete system, rather than just components.
Zoox is setting the bar for autonomous vehicle safety. Come join the team!
The Restraints Engineer is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Redefining the occupant restraint systems for future mobility.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering teams across Zoox to align on packaging, design, styling studio surfaces, and manufacturing processes to deliver the optimal balance of form vs. function vs. cost
- Leading world-class suppliers to develop one of the most advanced, comprehensive occupant restraint systems ever conceived.
- Work cross-functionally within the Zoox Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Procurement teams to ensure the restraint systems manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability
- Complete technical documentation including DFMEAs and DVP&R’s
- BS in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in automotive restraint systems component and subsystem engineering (OEM or Tier I level)
- Design of components and assemblies in CATIA V6 or the equivalent in experience
- Working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering
- Experience with restraint modules or restraint subsystems testing and data analysis
- Experience with technical documentation to include DVP&R and DFMEA
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.