Foster City, CA • Full-time Senior Visual Designer
Senior Visual Designer
The Zoox Experience team works across the organization to define and champion the “Human Experience." We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions.
If you live and breathe design, if you care about the impact of technology in our society, if you can't stop thinking about how to help improve people's lives, and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges of our times to inspire and enable a better future, get in touch!
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Visual Designer to join our Creative Lab team, the ideal candidate is a passionate creative thinker, who has attention to detail and possesses strong design sensibilities. Your work will play a key role in evolving the Zoox brand, visual identity and brand story through digital, print and conceptual thinking. If you're enthusiastic about the future of mobility and bringing a new brand to life, we want to talk to you.
- Create high quality creative work using the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- Take a design project from the ideation phase to completion using a robust creative process, meeting timelines, and prioritizing accordingly
- Develop and evolve the Zoox brand strategy and visual identity
- Deliver high quality visual assets for digital, UI, web and print design
- Articulate ideas clearly and effectively through storytelling and presentation methods
- Collaborate closely with the marketing and communications team, copywriters, designers and project stakeholders to deliver high quality creative content
- Assist with art direction for static assets, photoshoots, and video production
- Create guidelines for campaigns as it relates to lockups, graphics, and motion treatments
- Communicate effectively with team members throughout a project
- Participate in design reviews and champion design culture
- 8+ years experience at a creative agency or in-house company design studio
- Bachelors degree in graphic/visual design, communication design or related field
- A strong portfolio of work demonstrating experience including; brand development, an eye for design, typography, conceptual thinking, attention to detail, and visual communication
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Motion graphics programs (After Effects or similar)
- Presentation software (Keynote, GSuite and PPTX)
- Experience designing in the AV/EV industry
- Experience in Sketch and Figma
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.