Cloud Security Engineer
Information TechnologyApply for this position
Zoox is looking for a cloud security engineer to join our Enterprise Security team. In this role your responsibility will be to audit and report on cloud security issues and find the best options to permanently address them. Candidates for this role should be experienced in leading inter-team efforts to resolve security issues and to find permanent, scalable solutions using infrastructure-as-code methodologies wherever possible.
In order to be effective in this role, candidates should have solid experience and understanding of infrastructure-as-code. Experience with software development and/or proficiency with scripting is required.
- Perform audits of Zoox’s cloud environments and report on validated vulnerabilities and policy compliance deviations discovered.
- Work with cloud service owners to identify and fix implementation practices that create security risks.
- Create design standards for Zoox’s AWS service implementations.
- Document best practices for deploying services into AWS using Infrastructure-as-code methodologies.
- Automate existing reporting and ticketing so that Zoox can drive faster cycle time on risk remediation in our cloud environments.
- Extensive experience and deep understanding of IAM within the cloud, including federated identity and the use of roles.
- 2-3 years Cloud security engineering and risk reduction experience
- 5+ years of experience in the operations and design of cloud environments (i.e AWS, GCP, Azure)
- 3 or more years security and compliance experience for cloud environments using frameworks such as NIST, CIS, and ISO
- 8 or more years working in information security roles
- 10-15 year working in information technology roles
- AWS Security Certification or similar
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.