Quality Engineer, Prototyping
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
The Quality Engineer in xOps will report to the department director and have the final goal to lead the development of Quality System, methodologies, quality processes and best practices for xOps. This is to ensure the realization of high quality products and services in line with standards and specifications coming from internal Engineering Teams at Zoox.
The main focus will be on incoming material inspection, manufacturing process quality control and traceability, end of line quality check and final inspection.
The candidate will:
-support the FAI (first article inspection) analysis and develop the Quality plan for every new product introduction in collaboration with the Manufacturing Engineering Team and Corporate Quality teams. Quality documentation, records, check lists will need to be defined and a proper document management system will be developed and optimized.
-work closely to the Test Engineering team to document the testing activity and to develop the end of line test process.
-work closely with Corporate Quality, Supplier Quality and other Departments Quality Organizations in order to align on common procedures and systems that need to be coherent across the Company.
-play a fundamental role to support the setting up of procedures and instructions and processes that will allow xOps to deliver goods and services that match and exceed Zoox’s very high supplier standards.
- Lead development of Quality Planning activities from Design / Specification review
- First article inspection and qualification
- Main link between Design Teams and Manufacturing Quality for hardware development components (such as Lidar, Radar, TOF, Camera, etc.) - technical expert
- Develop quality inspection plans
- Lead root cause analysis activities from prototype, production and service
- Support process improvement activities
- Support OEE improvement activities
- Responsible for creating reports to show quality status in manufacturing, service, etc.
- BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering (Master Eng. preferred)
- Min 5 years experience in manufacturing environment (automotive, aerospace fields are preferred).
- Strong background and demonstrated success applying statistical methods.
- Experience in standard quality tool required (FMEA, Control Plan, 8D, PPAP, SPC etc.)
- Automotive Electronic background and understanding preferred
- Extensive experience with manufacturing processes such as CNC Machining, Additive manufacturing, fabrication and weldments, etc.
- Experience CMM and other types of metrology equipment and tools
- Overall solid understanding of general assembly processes is required
- Ability to adapt in a fast changing dynamic environment
- Able to lead independent activities such as Root Cause analysis, process improvement, etc.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.