Quality Engineer, Prototyping
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
The Quality Engineer in xOps will report to the department director and have the final goal to lead the development of Quality System, methodologies, quality processes and best practices for xOps. This is to ensure the realization of high-quality products and services in line with standards and specifications coming from internal Engineering Teams at Zoox.
The candidate will:
- Play a fundamental role to support the setting up of procedures and instructions and processes that will allow xOps to deliver goods and services that match and exceed Zoox’s very high supplier standards.
- Work closely with the Test Engineering team to document the testing activity and to develop the end-of-line test procedures.
- Work closely with Corporate Quality, Supplier Quality and other Departments Quality Organizations in order to align on common procedures and systems that need to be coherent across the Company.
- Support the FAI (first article inspection) analysis and develop the Quality plan for every new product introduction in collaboration with the Manufacturing Engineering Team and Corporate Quality teams. Quality documentation, records, checklists will need to be defined and a proper document management system will be developed and optimized.
- Lead development of Quality Planning activities from Design / Specification review
- Collect data and generate reports to be presented at executive reviews
- Manage & organize First article inspection and qualification
- Main link between Design Teams and Manufacturing Quality
- Develop quality system plans
- Lead root cause analysis activities from prototype, production, and service
- Support process improvement/continuous improvement activities
- Responsible for creating reports to show quality status in manufacturing, service, etc.
- BS in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering (Master Eng. preferred)
- 5+ years of experience building and managing quality processes of complex systems.
- 5-year experience within an ISO 26262, AS 9001/9000 manufacturing environment
- Proficient in generating metrics and reports for executive review
- Experience in standard quality tools required (FMEA, Control Plan, 8D, PPAP, SPC etc.)
- Automotive Electronics & harnessing experience preferred
- Experience CMM and other types of metrology equipment and tools
- Lead independent activities such as Root Cause analysis, process improvement, etc.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.