Audio Test Technician
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
At Zoox, you’ll collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, machine learning, localization, computer vision, and simulation. You’ll master new technologies while working on Hardware designs, algorithms, and research in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
We are looking for individuals with experience in validating external and internal audio subsystems to work with the signal processing team at Zoox. You will work on testing and validating end-to-end systems for our external and internal audio hardware systems. You will be expected to work closely with our Acoustics, Hardware design, HMI and sensor teams. Your responsibility is developing testing methodologies and hardening the acoustics performance for a seamless perception and communication experience.
- Associate or BS degree in a relevant field (CS/CE, EE, ME and etc.).
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience in performing acoustic testing for high volume products in automotive, cellular, transducer development or a related industry.
- Experience in Soundcheck or Audio Precision test system,
- Familiarity with loudspeaker and microphone testing methodology, including transducer structure and mechanism, test setup and data collection.
- Experience in lab space and equipment management, standard operating procedure (SOP) and transducer reliability testing.
- Experience in end-of-line (EOL) test fixture validation, e.g. Gauge R&R.
- Willingness o travel to test sites and vendors (< 5 weeks per year).
- Shell scripting and Software development skills, in C/C++, Python and/or Matlab.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis and six sigma.
- Experience in using objective evaluation techniques and tools including PESQ and/or POLQA
- Additional responsibilities include supporting beamforming performance of directional speaker/microphone arrays.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.