Systems Engineer - Vehicle Controls Functional Safety
System Design and Mission AssuranceApply for this position
As a systems engineer at Zoox, you will be working with members of the system safety and hardware and software development teams to design, develop, and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You are responsible for ensuring these systems are developed within a process that results in end-to- end traceability and achievement of both system safety targets and product requirements.
- Define and manage functional safety requirements for various vehicle control systems according to industry standards and best practices, which satisfy product and performance requirements, and achieve system safety targets.
- Develop and peer review quantitative and qualitative functional safety analyses including HARAs, FTAs, FMEAs, and/or FMEDAs.
- Develop functional safety and technical safety concepts for vehicle control systems such as motion control, HV/LV power, thermal and body systems
- Collaborate with internal hardware/software engineers and/or 3rd party suppliers to ensure system requirements and desired functionality is achieved
- Assist other teams with the implementation of systems engineering processes, which can also include cross-functional reviews of requirements and test cases.
- Develop test plans, test cases, and perform black box integration testing.
- M.S. or higher degree in Automotive Engineering, Aerospace, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience in the fields of System Safety or Systems Engineering
- Ability to write clear, concise, and verifiable requirements
- Experience with hazard analysis, functional decomposition, validation, and verification in line with standards such as ISO26262
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Certification for ISO 26262
- Experience with a requirements management tool
- You have worked on at least one project across its full development cycle
- Analytical skills and experience with scripting or programming language such as Python
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.