Manager, Design Reliability
Corporate QualityApply for this position
Zoox is building the design reliability team that will take our first-in-class autonomous robot from development to successful commercialization. The design reliability team is responsible for performing a full range of reliability tasks from: design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA), design verification plan definition, and test results analysis, to field reliability risk assessments. The design reliability manager will have the exciting opportunity to build the Zoox reliability team and to help develop the reliability systems and practices that will assure that Zoox L3 & L5 vehicles meet hardware stability and reliability performance expectations.
- Managing the daily activities of the reliability team – including goal setting, performance management, and professional development of team members
- Defining, collecting, and reporting the key performance indicators necessary to drive improvements in reliability and stability of Zoox L3 & L5 fleet vehicles
- Managing field and DV test reliability issue tracking and driving root cause analysis and corrective actions implementation
- Partner with service and field quality teams to identify opportunities for reliability performance improvement and escalate to senior management as necessary to achieve success
- Actively collaborate with the design teams, the safety teams, and the quality team to drive seamless integration of reliability principles into Zoox vehicle systems
- Experience growing and managing a team of reliability engineers in the development and commercialization phases of the product life cycle
- Experience with developing and deploying reliability engineering practices at the component, sub-system, and full system (vehicle) level
- Demonstrated proficiency driving reliability failure root cause analyses and corrective or preventive actions
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional initiatives and successfully delivering desired reliability outcomes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- At least 10 years of experience in reliability engineering
- Automotive experience at the OEM or Tier I level
- Experience with functional safety standards and practice (e.g., ISO 26262)
- Experience in start-up/product launch activities
- Reliability engineering professional certification (e.g., ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer)
- There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $155,000 to $255,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
- Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.