Senior Benefits Manager
People ExperienceApply for this position
As Zoox’s Benefits expert, the Senior Benefits Manager will need to balance priorities of employees, managers, senior leaders, and the company. The Senior Benefits Manager will lead the design, execution, communication, and promotion of our benefits programs. This includes defining a dynamic benefits strategy for a diverse employee demographic straddling different life stages while collaborating with key partners and benefits consultants in executing the benefits roadmap and promoting employee understanding of our benefits offerings through education and internal communication. You manage relationships with vendors, brokers, and carriers to ensure effective collaboration, support, and service.
- Design and execute on a benefits strategy that is competitive, attractive to prospective employees, aligned with Company goals, and anticipates the needs of our employees and the Company.
- Support Zoox’s Total Rewards strategy by executing against strategic goals, developing and delivering options that drive employee engagement, guiding the Executive decision-making process with thorough research and analysis and delivering a compelling story through executive presentation materials.
- Develop and drive an effective Benefits communication strategy to ensure employee understanding of Benefits plan offerings, policies, and key dates.
- Design and ensure delivery of an optimal employee experience for Benefits related processes and events (e.g. Open enrollment, life events, onboarding etc.)
- Assess current and future vendor relationships to ensure they fit Zoox’s needs as we scale. Manage vendor relationships to ensure optimal execution of benefits programs. Lead negotiations and annual contract renewals with our carriers.
- Partner with Wellbeing Program Manager in promoting wellness initiatives, ideating in innovative programs that anticipate employee needs, and optimizing the employee experience.
- Partner with Payroll and HRIS to ensure operational excellence.
- Leverage collaborative partnerships with our benefits and retirement administrators to maintain compliance with both federal and state regulations (ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, ACA, CFRA, etc).
- Lead complex, cross-functional projects by understanding stakeholder requirements and building consensus with creative and collaborative solutions.
- Advanced Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- 8+ years of benefits experience
- Experience working with Workday in Benefits administration
- Experience leading full cycle company-wide Open Enrollment
- Expert knowledge of group medical/dental plan policies and practices
- Expert understanding of Federal and State regulations on Benefits, Retirement, Leaves of Absence
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interpret benefits plan options and policy features to a broad audience with variable familiarity of Benefits
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.