Strategic Operations Analyst
Procurement & Strategic PartnershipsApply for this position
The Strategic Operations Analyst is for a candidate whose foundational knowledge spans data engineering, data science, and business analysis. More so than any other role, candidates in this role are an expert in the data itself--the systems by which the data is generated, how data is transformed and aggregated into metrics, how reporting and analysis are built on top of the data, and how the resulting insights drive the business.
The Strategic Operations Analyst will support Zoox’s Procurement & Strategic Partnerships (PSP) organization by identifying and analyzing complex business problems, driving improvement, and making recommendations across the organization, as well as cross-functionally, to include senior executives. The PSP organization manages the strategy and execution of Zoox’s third-party relationships and partnerships, including the vehicle supply chain. This operations infrastructure supports the vehicle fleet, all corporate or indirect sourcing requirements, and the supplier quality function. In this role, you will have the opportunity to reach across the entire scope of the PSP organization, identifying time-consuming internal processes and potential roadblocks and building reliable and scalable solutions to support the team’s growth. You will also be responsible for defining the scope of technical projects and overseeing execution, such as developing dashboards and other visualization tools that improve the reliability of our applicants, develop a path forward, and ensure a smooth implementation and/or change management process. A strong candidate will have experience communicating a story to executives and other business leaders, using data models and visuals while applying key learnings and concepts to improve processes.
- Through a combination of management guidance and independent initiative, conduct analyses of the Zoox supply base and partner landscape, new trends, cost structure, geographic supplier dispersion, and the market at large to identify opportunities/recommendations.
- Analyze complex business problems and proactively mitigate potential issues by utilizing data from internal and external sources
- Lead cross-functional discussions to drive continuous improvements in total supply chain performance, paying close attention to cost, lead time, quality, and reliability.
- Make clear, fact-based recommendations on the path forward
- Understand business processes and how they map to Zoox’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Develop familiarity with Zoox’s ERP system, participate in its implementation in collaboration with the Business Applications team, become a PSP SME, and advocate for PSP requirements
- Identify and interpret trends and patterns in disparate datasets, and provide insights to decision-makers
- Eliminate non-value-added tasks and data collection for dashboards in collaboration with IT
- Make recommendations about databases, both current and future, and spearhead constant improvement, implementation, and future management
- At least three (3) years of experience working in an analytical role, preferably at a management consulting firm, investment bank, start-up, or similarly rigorous analytical environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, or other business/analytical disciplines
- A track record of collecting and analyzing business intelligence data to deliver strategic-level insights without management's direction
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities
- Continuous improvement expertise (agile, scrum, lean, etc.)
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace tools
- Experience in structuring, analyzing, and visualizing large data sets
- Analytical ability to organize and draw insights from unstructured data and inputs from multiple sources to provide fact-based recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for collaboration with small and large cross-functional groups
- Strong collaborator with willingness and ability to drive change
- Experience using agile methodologies: JIRA and Confluence
- Background in supply chain, operations and/or sourcing is preferred
- Recent Tableau experience
- Familiarity with programming languages for data analysis, such as Python or R
- Program management experience
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.