Reliability Test Technician
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
This position is within the EE Systems and Powertrain team, supporting electrical and mechanical reliability testing. The role requires exceptional communication skills in order to work with various teams and streamline the flow of parts into various reliability tests.
The Reliability Test Technician is required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That conditional offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Utilize various test resources (thermal shock chamber, temperature and humidity chamber, salt fog chamber, vibration table, etc.) in order to set up, run and monitor several series of electrical and mechanical reliability tests.
- Provide clear and concise documentation related to tests, including reports on parts under test and their status. Capture identified failures in detail and work with engineering to facilitate resolution.
- Assist in pre-inspection and post-test inspection of test articles.
- Assist in the facilitation of the failure analysis process by providing detailed information surrounding failures in test articles.
- Work with various design teams to schedule the flow of new parts into testing.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues with test equipment. Coordinate with equipment vendors for maintenance and repair.
- Maintain stock of supplies to support a lean and streamlined test environment.
- Maintain and expand a clean, safe and organized working environment. Apply workplace organization concepts and methods to improve efficiency, such as 5S.
- Experience with Labview, Digital and Analog interfaces for PCs, Test systems, etc.
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical and mechanical systems.
- Soldering and electronics fabrication skills.
- Mechanical fabrication skills.
- Strong sense of quality and craft in work.
- Ability to read and create mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Associate Degree in electronics/ electrics or similar discipline preferred.
- Basic understanding of electrical and electronic circuits and components.
- Experience with network protocols is a plus: CAN, LIN, I2C, Ethernet, etc.
- Experience working with high voltage products is a plus Skilled in using volt meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, programmable power suppliers.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.