Electrical Test Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
Zoox's Advanced Hardware Engineering team is looking for a Senior Electrical Test Engineer to work closely with our circuit design engineers on the development of in-house electronics for our robots. You will also be involved in root causing board failures, sometimes leading you deep into the vehicle architecture.
- Work cross functionally with various teams to develop in-house electronics for our autonomous vehicle
- Define test plans, design and run board-level signal and power integrity tests for validating the electric design and its margins
- Utilize internal and external standards to define and track appropriate test thresholds. Drive test coverage
- Partner with our circuit design engineers by feeding the learnings and improvements back into the design
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals in analog/digital design, communications, sensors, power supplies, and embedded systems
- 6+ years of professional work experience
- A genuine passion for uncovering latent issues and bugs by diagnosing hardware, software, and process issues
- Experience with SI and PI measurement techniques
- Experience with Gbps or faster serial buses such as GMSL or FPDlink
- Experience running ESD and EMI tests at external test labs
- Familiarity with lab equipment including VNA, TDR, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, etc.
- Experience using Python, C++, or other programming language for basic automation tasks
- Familiarity with OS tools, shell scripting, and file system manipulation in both Linux and Windows
- Experience automating testing in heat chambers
- Experience with Altium or equivalent PCB CAD package
- Experience with SI and PI simulation
- Specific experience simulating and validating DDR memory layouts
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.