Technician, Hardware Test
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
As a part of our Hardware Test team, our technicians setup, execute, and debug tests on our sensors and compute hardware. Our team is responsible for testing hardware to ensure high performance and high reliability. We are detail oriented to ensure our test plans are executed with high fidelity. We are collaborative and work together to tackle projects as a team. We are looking for motivated individuals who have experience with electrical subsystems, aren’t afraid to challenge themselves and are eager to learn.
- General harness fabrication and testing
- Support test setups by following diagrams and working with engineers to collect data
- Provide feedback to engineers on how to improve testing
- Manage calibration of test equipment by external vendors
- Test equipment procurement and support
- Maintain and optimize hardware labs
- Attach instrumentation (thermocouples, probes, accelerometers) to test units
- AA or higher in electrical/electronics/mechanical technology, or equivalent
- Experience reading electrical schematics and/or engineering drawings
- Experience assembling and repairing wiring harnesses
- Experience with EE lab equipment (Digital Multimeters, Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, etc)
- Experience reworking PCBAs
- Shock, vibration, thermal, and IP test experience
- EMC test experience
- Automotive ECU test experience
- Machine shop tool (mill, lathe) experience
- Familiarity with Linux command line
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.