Foster City, CA • Full-time Program Manager, Vehicle & Site Operations
Program Manager, Vehicle & Site Operations
The Program Management Office (PMO) at Zoox supports some of the company’s most complex, cross-functional decisions and programs. When needed, members of the PMO will roll up their sleeves and work hand-in-hand with engineering and operations to solve issues that arise.
We pride ourselves on our ability to take complexity and translate that into meaningful actions and high-quality, timely decisions. We have a strong track record of helping the organization execute more effectively across a number of different programs and initiatives. We do this through clear thinking, problem-solving, implementing improved operational measures, and influencing and coaching tactics. The Vehicle & Site Operations team in PMO is responsible for enabling the development and validation of our products. The team works closely with internal and external stakeholders to plan and execute towards company goals.
- You will manage projects, programs, and/or assets where consistent decisions are made regarding the overall goals and objectives of significant programs.
- You will manage interdependencies and integration among multiple projects, teams, and stakeholders.
- You will have decision-making authority at the program level, and create and track program schedules.
- You will set the direction for operations by determining and balancing the technical need vs business impact and supply challenges of resources, and operate within the budget, quality metrics, and guardrails set by senior leadership at Zoox.
- You will be the key interface with stakeholders and leadership.
- You will exercise judgment and discretion to develop solutions to remove obstacles and redefine approaches.
- You will oversee the identification of tasks and research dependencies/costs, and communicate expectations to core team members.
- You will assess risks and identify solutions to timely efficient achievement of program goals.
- You will ensure that quality standards and budget constraints are met and propose remedial actions to get programs back on track.
- You must understand or strive to learn the technical concepts, architecture, or systems development methods and disciplines associated with the defined program.
- BS degree in an engineering or business management discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting.
- Experience with scheduling and coordinating assets.
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills are a must, ability to create visualizations of KPIs and program risks is a bonus
- In-depth experience with system architecture, safety-critical systems, corporate strategy, and/or test & validation.
- Previous technical program management roles.
- Product development experience at a car company or a Tier 1 auto OEM.
- Strong track record in managing complex cross-functional projects or facilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize with strong time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to develop channels of communication while understanding and managing professional relationships
- Ability to drive communication within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with extremely tight timelines, aggressive goals, and demanding work environment
- Have an inquisitive and open attitude to exploring new ideas and eagerness to continuously learn and take on tough problems
- Independent thinker capable of operating within ambiguously defined structures with an ability for delivering tangible results
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.