Foster City, CA • Full-time Vehicle Program Manager
Vehicle Program Manager
Zoox is developing autonomous driving from the ground up, including the development of a unique vehicle tailored to autonomous driving. The Vehicle Program team is responsible for driving cross-functional activities to ensure that this groundbreaking vehicle is delivered on-time, to budget and to a very high quality standard.
Reporting to the Vehicle Program Director; the Vehicle Program Manager will lead program management activities for the delivery of one of the vehicle programs within Zoox.
- Work cross-functionally with the Vehicle Development team and across Zoox to plan and execute the vehicle program
- Determine program milestones: work with core team members to define key program milestone
- Define the deliverables: Align on deliverables for each team at each milestone and define the benchmark for completing them
- Set the schedule: Working from the top-down target program timing, build a realistic and achievable schedule with input from core program team members
- Review progress: Create regular progress checks and intermediate milestones to ensure the program remains on track
- Create and maintain a clear dashboard showing program status
- Resolve or escalate issues: As issues arise, collaborate with the team to find a solution or mitigation
- If necessary, escalate for management support
- Ensure appropriate resources are in place across the cross-functional team to execute on the program deliverables
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or program management in the automotive industry
- Experience in vehicle development at all stages; product ideation, design, release, prototyping, validation, launch and production
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts)
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Proficiency using JIRA to capture and track engineering development tasks
- Experience in a highly dynamic start-up environment
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.