Information TechnologyApply for this position
This individual will work with a team of engineers to build, implement and maintain Zoox’s petabyte-scale high performance storage systems which enable our robot and AI research efforts. They will also work to maintain our traditional NAS systems for NFS and SMB. You are a good fit if you enjoy learning new technologies and can work with a team to accomplish projects. This position will provide you opportunities to learn how to architect massive distributed high performance storage systems and how to work with programmers to make efficient use of the storage systems.
- Build scale-out storage and data systems
- Build and maintain our NAS systems for NFS and SMB
- Build and support our internal and cloud systems
- Work directly with application developers to help them when they encounter problems with our storage systems
- Experience with network filesystems (NFS, samba, afs)
- Linux, network, and storage experience
- Is passionate about learning new technologies
- Is able to work with a team of diverse experiences and backgrounds
- Ability to script/program in any of the following: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash, C, etc
- Experience with S3 or scale-out storage (Ceph, Luster, Gluster, etc)
- Experience with relational database technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL, OracleDB, etc)
- Familiar with big data: ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MongoDB, Spark, or HDFS
- Infrastructure Automation (puppet, chef, ansible, saltstack)
- Experience with web services (Nginx, Varnish, Apache, HA Proxy)
- knowledge of virtual platforms (vSphere, Xen, Docker, or KVM)
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.