Foster City, CA • Full-time Sensor Embedded Software Engineer
Sensor Embedded Software Engineer
Advanced Hardware Engineering
We are looking for a highly motivated Sensor Embedded SW Engineer to join our Advanced Hardware Engineering organization focusing on integrating sensors with computer platforms. You will architect, design, code, document and lead the work from start to finish. This work will include:
- Rapid development of SW drivers to support basic functionality and bringup of new sensor technology
- Scripting tools to post-process and analyze large sets of data logs
- Modification of existing sensor drivers to facilitate data collection for development and qualification testing
- Integration of new sensors onto existing vehicle platforms
- SW development to control electromechanical devices (e.g. motion stages), to enable sensor characterization
- BS/MS in CS or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong design and programming skills in C/C++, including object-oriented design and multi-threaded software
- Experience developing code using scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Linux development experience
- Experience with unit testing for sensor systems
- Familiarity with networking protocols for data transfer and timing (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, PTP)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to details
- Ability to multitask in a fast-moving environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to understand requirements and clearly document tools
- Use of multimeters, signal generators, oscilloscopes to debug basic electrical issues
- Background in developing standard compliant software such as ISO 26262
- Familiarity with console and graphical UI frameworks, such as Qt
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $139,000 to $227,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.