Hardware Test Automation Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
As a hardware test automation engineer, you will be joining a team responsible for developing and documenting test automation software. This includes Python test frameworks, libraries, and scripts, as well as debugging firmware in C/C++. You'll work closely with Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware, and Systems engineers to develop and execute system-level, component, and hardware-in-the-loop tests. We're looking for someone who's enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and willing to take on the challenges in bringing advanced autonomous vehicle technologies to market.
- Develop scripts, frameworks, and embedded software to run prototype and production tests on compute and sensor firmware and hardware.
- Work collaboratively with design engineers and project managers to plan and execute test campaigns.
- Design and build tooling to allow post-processing and visualization of test data.
- Document software to make it easily accessible to others both within and outside of the team.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years object-oriented programming in Python.
- 3+ years hardware testing.
- 2+ years embedded software development in C/C++.
- Experience using or building test automation frameworks.
- Familiarity with basic mechanical, electrical, and optical test procedures.
- Prior experience working with communications protocols such as CAN,
- Ethernet, and TCP/IP.
- Experience with Git, Jira, Bamboo, CI/CD, and test driven development.
- Knowledge of various object-oriented design patterns.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.