Quality Engineer, Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
The Quality Engineer in Advanced Hardware Manufacturing is expected to lead the development of Quality System, methodologies, quality processes and best practices in order to guarantee high quality products in line with standards, drawings, and specifications set in place by internal Engineering Teams. The main focus will be on incoming material inspection, manufacturing process quality control, traceability, end of line quality check, final inspection and root cause analysis.
The candidate will:
-Will own the development and execution of quality control plans and test cases for multiple features of parts and sub-assemblies.
-Work closely with Corporate Quality, Supplier Quality and other Quality Organizations in order to align on common procedures and systems that need to be coherent across the Company.
-Support the PFMEA analysis and develop the Quality plan for every new product introduction in collaboration with the Manufacturing Engineering Team. Quality documentation, records, and checklists will need to be defined and a proper document management system will be developed and optimized.
-Work closely to the Test Engineering team to document the testing activity and to develop the end of line test process.
-Collaborate with Zoox engineering, metrology, and Manufacturing/NPI to understand ideal performance requirements and metrics.
-Play a fundamental role to support the setting up of procedures and instructions and processes that will allow Zoox to align with the international standards for Quality Systems (IATF 16949, ISO 9000 and similar).
- Development of Quality Planning activities from Design / Specification review, PFMEA and Control Plan development, along with inspection plans
- Development of IQC, IPQC, & FQC requirements and setting metrics on analyzing performance
- Main point of contact between Design Teams and Manufacturing Quality for hardware development components (such as Lidar, Radar, TOF, Camera, etc.) - technical expert
- Lead root cause analysis activities from prototype, production and services using 8D,5 Why, and problem-solving methodologies
- Hold MRB(Material Review Board) meetings with key stakeholders in order to determine disposition of on hand units in quarantine.
- Support process improvement activities
- Track all quality issues and communicate status to all stakeholders
- Support OEE improvement activities
- Develop NCMR (Non-Conforming Material Reports) and quarantine instructions.
- Responsible for creating and reporting metrics to demonstrate quality status in NPI, manufacturing, and services
- BS in mechanical, electrical or electronics required (Master Eng. preferred)
- Min 5 years experience in manufacturing environment (automotive, semiconductor, or aerospace fields are preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of QMS and quality control fundamentals
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings using GD&T methodologies
- Background in MRB and NCMR handling along with driving SCARs & CAPAs to resolution
- Strong background and demonstrated success applying statistical methods.
- Experience in standard quality tools required (FMEA, Control Plan, 8D, PPAP, SPC etc.)
- Automotive Electronic background and understanding preferred
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills
- Overall solid understanding of general manufacturing assembly processes is required
- Ability to adapt in a fast changing dynamic environment with little resources
- Able to lead independent activities such as Root Cause analysis, process improvement, Kaizen activities, etc.
- Experience in Lidar / Radar / Sensor / Camera
- Python coding or similar language
- Experience in start up and setting a QMS from scratch
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.