Manager, Experience Prototyping
ExperienceApply for this position
The Zoox Experience team works across the organization to define and champion the “Human Experience." We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions.
If you live and breathe design, if you care about the impact of technology in our society, if you can't stop thinking about how to help improve people's lives, and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges of our times to inspire and enable a better future, get in touch!
The Manager, Experience Prototyping will manage and lead the Experience Creative Technologists. They will oversee new interactions invented through tangible experiences that are foundational to design iteration, user research, and refining Zoox’s autonomous interfaces. They will partner with software, firmware, hardware, and design to bridge the gap between design vision and production reality. They will understand from a company-impact level, what it takes to create a successful product.
- Bring design and technology together to iterate quickly, invent novel interactions, empower data driven design, and test innovative solutions to meet Zoox’s evolving business needs
- Manage and provide leadership support to our Creative Technologists
- Accelerate the design process by building software tools, hardware prototypes, and data interfaces that allow rapid testing and iteration
- Streamline design integration through data-backed change requests and code deliverables for easy product integration
- Reduce unknowns by investigating and inventing solutions for Zoox’s evolving product needs
- Cross-collaborate with hardware, software, research, and design to develop strategic roadmaps
- Work dynamically across programming languages, organizational structures, and test rigs to translate design intention into software/hardware reality
- Shape the Zoox product by blending visual, sonic, and interaction design intentions into a seamless experience
- Liaison between hardware, software, and design teams to holistically organize and streamline decisions and processes
- 10+ years of experience programming in Python and C++ with a strong background in interaction design principles and processes
- 2+ years experience managing technical and design focused teams
- Experience working with custom hardware and/or sensor inputs in dynamic environments/installations
- Has shipped both physical and digital products
- Strong project management and strategic counsel experience
- Experience working in an automotive/vehicle design environment
- Experience working within the AI industry
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.