Validation Engineer, EE Systems
Vehicle DevelopmentApply for this position
The EE Systems team at Zoox is responsible for designing, validating, and producing electromechanical systems, including body controllers, infotainment, audio, telematics HW, integrated autonomous sensor assemblies, and sensor cleaning; and LV harnesses. We cover a huge territory both in terms of technology and methods of execution, and we are looking for motivated and experienced engineers who are comfortable thinking on their feet and continuing to learn and grow with each assignment.
As a Validation Engineer supporting EE Systems development you will be responsible for establishing and executing a robust and rigorous validation process from requirements development through report approval. This will include managing internal and external testing resources and supplier-led validation activities to ensure durability, reliability, and safety targets are satisfied. In addition, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand the root causes of failures, identify mitigation strategies, and incorporate learnings into new designs.
- You will develop design validation plans (DVP) for automotive electronics, including body controllers, autonomous systems, infotainment, and harnesses
- You will tailor test plans to match system exposure and reliability requirements while driving for standardization and efficiency across dozens of test programs
- You will influence designs by participating in DFMEA development and design reviews, as well as promoting appropriate test practices throughout the product lifecycle
- You will coordinate the execution of internal and supplier-led validation efforts. Maintain a high standard for recording, analyzing, and reporting all findings
- You will lead test failure analyses and improve design quality by proposing corrective actions and design updates
- BS in ME, EE, Mechatronics, or Physics Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in automotive or consumer/industrial electronics testing
- Familiarity and practical experience with EE test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscope, thermal and digital data acquisition devices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience managing external lab or remote validation efforts
- An understanding of the physics of failure of electronics assemblies
- Experience with autonomous sensors (lidar, radar, cameras)
- Experience with acoustics and NVH
- Experience with reliability theory and statistics
- Experience with test automation techniques and platforms
- Experience with electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements and test methods
- Experience with automotive communication networks (CAN, LIN, A2B, Ethernet, etc.)
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.