Test Engineer, Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
Zoox is looking for a test engineer to be responsible for the testing and test platform design of our autonomous vehicle platform’s sensor and compute architecture. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of manufacturing functional tests for PCBAs, subassemblies, and fully-assembled products. You will work cross-functionally with our electrical engineering, optics, electro-optics, electro-mechanics, and software teams to develop and test our new products and technologies.
- Develop, document, and execute electronic board and system-level testing
- Develop test algorithms, automated test scripts, data acquisition, measurement systems, test fixtures, and data repository to support prototype and production testing with a focus on repeatability and reliability
- Establish system and module-level performance and functional standards, ensure specification compliance
- Analyze test results, manufacturing yield issues, and field failures. Drive issues to closure and use lessons learned to implement preventive measures and define manufacturing test strategies for new products
- Provide training and support to engineering technicians to expand testing capacity
- Set up lab test infrastructure and coordinate facility installations
- Perform first article verification of prototype designs
- BS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics, or equivalent technical degree
- 2+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of manufacturing and testing electronic assemblies
- Experience in computer architecture, assembly, and test methods and/or sensor (LIDAR, Radar, cameras, etc) manufacturing test development
- Experience in developing highly-scalable and automated test platforms
- Experience working in and developing scripts on the Linux platform
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Python and/or other (C++/bash/C#) programming experience
- MS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, physics, or equivalent technical degree
- Knowledge of overall EE board-level design, development, and review
- Prior experience in working with communications protocols including CAN, Ethernet, TCP/IP, SCPI, VISA, and IVI.
- Familiarity with automotive testing standards
- Data analysis to determine test failure root causes and yield impacts
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.