Mission Readiness Team Lead
Fleet OperationsApply for this position
As the Mission Readiness Team Lead on Zoox’s San Francisco Base Operations team, you will be responsible for the operational readiness of all vehicle assets that are based in San Francisco. This includes early morning and shift change vehicle preparation, deploying the right SW/FW to the right vehicles at the right time, pre-mission checks, refueling/charging, calibration support, regulatory compliance, and ensuring that the interior, exterior, and driving sensors are routinely inspected and cleaned per defined standard operating procedures. Additionally, you will keep your team aligned with milestones and provide support in ensuring goals and objectives are met. You will develop key performance indicators for your team and develop the methodology to accurately track progress against those KPIs.
- Engagement in the recruiting and hiring process for workshop personnel.
- Provide new-hire onboarding, training, and communicating expectations.
- Creating and managing employee schedules, including time off.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to both full-time and contract staff, especially the Shift Leads on your team.
- Own the analysis, documentation, and reporting of SF Mission Readiness data and metrics.
- Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment.
- Manually drive L3 and auxiliary vehicles, when needed.
- Assist with paperwork and documentation related to vehicle readiness.
- Manage workflow by allocating resources based on skill sets and ensure the job is done to internal quality standards.
- Enforcing all health and safety policies in the workshop.
- Support the readiness of spare parts and the associated inventory.
- Ensure the workshop area is clean, organized, and free of dangerous and/or hazardous material, in accordance with company and OSHA guidelines.
- Be an advocate for constant, never-ending improvement.
- 5+ years of people leadership experience and facilitating Lean Six Sigma projects in transactional / service-based environments.
- Ability to synthesize information and make sound, data-driven decisions.
- Proven ability to quickly learn technical subjects.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally (less than 30%).
- Clean driving record with zero points on the record.
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced and often ambiguous startup environment.
- Experience planning and managing large, complex projects and operations.
- Team player that collaborates well cross-functionally.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be honest, responsible, and an outstanding communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around.
- Ability to go up and down stairs, as well as stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, kneel, and reach during shifts.
- Experience in a fast-paced service environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing external vendor relationships.
- Lean Six Sigma green belt or above.
- Possessing a growth mindset.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.