Technical Program Manager, Manufacturing Systems
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
As our Technical Program Manager-Manufacturing Operations, you will support our Manufacturing Systems team execution activities, including Manufacturing Execution System, Diagnostics system, and Automation system, during production and implement improvements to the current processes.
You will work with Manufacturing Engineering, Vehicle Engineering, Software Engineering teams to help the Manufacturing Systems team to achieve our strategic and tactical milestones. You will also coordinate with these cross-functional teams to obtain support to identify and resolve any issues in production. Additionally, you will represent the Manufacturing Engineering team in determining various vehicle software and firmware version management activities so that a consistent vehicle software version can be maintained in the manufacturing environment.
You will work with the relevant leaders and teams to develop specific Manufacturing System Team roadmaps, project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, track costs, and clearly communicate ongoing progress.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers and technicians with diverse backgrounds in areas such as automotive and robotics. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and highly impact the final product.
- Work with department leaders to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed concepts, roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables that are relevant to the Manufacturing Systems team’s activities
- Work with cross-functional leaders to define and then track resource requirements to support the achievement of the team’s deliverables
- Manage the implementation and standardization of the team’s processes to achieve the highest efficiency
- Represent Manufacturing Systems team in cross-functional project activities related to manufacturing software release management process and plans
- Coordinate day-to-day manufacturing diagnostics activities with cross-functional teams and report daily activity status in daily production meetings
- Obtain support resources from cross-functional teams to assist in resolving production diagnostics issues
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Support key decisions working cross-functionally across engineering, manufacturing, procurement, and finance to reach the right conclusions
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing operations, engineering, program management
- Experience with high scale industry manufacturing (i.e. automotive, aerospace, etc) and the necessary integration with related functions such as logistics, quality, facility, safety & environmental, procurement
- High-level understanding of vehicle electrical systems, ECU’s, and software programming
- Strong track record in managing complex cross-functional projects or programsExperience with product management across different platforms
- PMP certification
- Advanced project management skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.