Cost Accounting and Corporate Finance Manager
Finance & StrategyApply for this position
As Zoox matures our autonomy robotaxi platform from a technical perspective we are moving closer to production manufacturing and commercial operations. To enable these next phases of our business we are growing the Finance organization in scope and capability. This will include building teams, systems, and processes that do not exist at Zoox today. The Cost Accounting and Corporate Finance Manager will take a leadership role in these workstreams and own the Finance-side design, implementation, testing, and management of several key systems related to our ERP ecosystem (SAP). You will work directly with our FP&A, Accounting, Business Applications, Manufacturing, and other teams to ensure a holistic and compliant process is achieved.
Additionally, this role will own the creation of new and improvements to existing financial reporting processes. This includes the formulation of monthly managerial financial reports, quarterly 701 FS disclosures, and other statutory filings, as well as setting up internal controls to ensure compliance in purchasing and accounting.
At Zoox, we start small and grow into what our business requires, so this role will be very hands-on and require direct contribution to each workstream while the team is being built out. As the organization grows this role will have direct reports to run financial reporting and accounting operations.
- Key contributor in the design and implementation of the finance organization, systems, and processes to enable production manufacturing and commercial operations
- Design, implement, and manage standard cost/cost accounting process to support low-volume vehicle production
- Lead Finance SME for SAP enhancement implementation which will include inventory management, cost accounting, manufacturing execution, revenue recognition, and other modules
- Manage fixed assets/inventory (production subassemblies, equipment, vehicles, TI, tooling) for low low-volume vehicle production
- Develop and implement capital request process
- Partner with Logistics/Manufacturing for direct material management
- Partner with accounting developing 701 financials disclosure
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 7+ years of hands-on GAAP and management accounting experience in a dynamic high-tech manufacturing or automotive environment
- Cost accounting/Bill of Materials experience in transportation or automotive manufacturing is a strong plus
- Excellent working knowledge of product costing, variance analysis, and financial forecasting
- Proficient with ERP system implementation and daily operation
- Public company experience
- Ability to efficiently and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, including senior Executives
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.