Foster City, CA • Contract Micro Kitchen Assistant
Micro Kitchen Assistant
Finance & StrategyApply for this position
As Micro Kitchen Assistant, you will oversee the Micro kitchen for all Zoox sites. Each Micro Kitchen contains coffee, tea, snack, and beverage service elements. You will own the program’s deliverables beginning with quality control product delivery, service standards, equipment maintenance, financials, and vendor management. Daily tasks include but are not limited to MK cleanliness, program development, vendor selection, program oversight, and guest satisfaction. This role requires someone able to build trust, adjust to frequent changes, and a person that is always looking to improve from the day before. A successful person in this role will be passionate about all things food, service, catering, and events. You will get satisfaction from creating a snack and catering experience that impacts the teams changing the way the world looks at autonomous mobility.
- Ensure critical vendor performance is met through management of existing (SLA’s) Service Level Agreements and accurate (SOW’s) Scope of Work.
- Understand, establish and maintain consumable Micro Kitchen products with procurement standards designated by Zoox’s food program outline.
- Understand and be the authority for the Micro Kitchen program quality, nutrition, and sustainability within the parameters of the budget meeting guidelines and standards.
- Evaluate existing Micro Kitchen Program operational processes, making recommendations for improvement while developing and maintaining Zoox’s programmatic standards.
- Validate that Zoox’s Micro Kitchen menu guidelines and standards are specific to culture, populations, and demographics.
- Work with vendor partner(s) and the Zoox team to create a Micro Kitchen décor aesthetically aligned with current Zoox branding.
- Stay current and be the authority of all local food service and health department regulations.
- Work with Vendor Partner(s) to ensure monthly financial reporting for invoicing, payment, and accrual processes are followed.
- Determine and recommend possibilities that focus on cost reductions, efficiencies, quality improvement, industry and supply trends, and any other relevant factors pertaining to budget control.
- Work with our Vendor Partner(s) on maintenance call procedures, and corrective site visits and ensure all issues are resolved as soon as possible.
- Align with the Facilities team on all moves, location changes, and installs.
- Stay up to date on Micro Kitchen amenities and trends and be able to speak to them.
- Determine strategies for repair and maintenance schedules and new equipment roll-outs with Vendor Partners, Facilities, and the Senior Culinary Operations Manager.
- Create and plan Micro kitchen programs that are exciting, forward-thinking, and sustainable.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to create an experience that coincides with monthly themes, events, and initiatives.
- Create and develop program OKRs that fall in line with that of the Facilities team and Zoox.
- 4+ years experience in the food industry (or equivalent experience), with an emphasis on Break Room Programming, Vendor Partner Management, Catering, and Events
- 2+ years experience with financial management, specifically budget planning, scenario planning, accruals, inventory management, accounting, and reconciliation
- Basic knowledge of Micro Kitchen mechanical, electrical, plumbing, design, construction, and basic troubleshooting knowledge
- Experience with vendor partner negotiations, including procurement processes, strategic sourcing, and workplace service contracts
- Excellent collaboration, employee engagement, customer service, and time management skills
- Capacity to execute and develop complex projects and programs on schedule and within budget
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to earn the trust and respect of colleagues, key stakeholders, and upper management
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time while maintaining priorities
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to think creatively and provide out of the box solutions
- Ability to balance guest expectations with program reality
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Some travel will be required (SF Bay Area) (1 - 2 times at each location per month)
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Related Open Positions
Contains in Qualifications
- Las Vegas, NV
- All Levels
Copyright Zoox, Inc. 2021. All Rights Reserved.