Cybersecurity Vulnerability Analyst
SoftwareApply for this position
As a member of the Product Security team at Zoox, you will be responsible for designing and developing security-related functionality for vehicle software systems and associated infrastructure. We are looking for individuals with a stellar software engineering background, and strong experience in computer security. If your joy in finding system vulnerabilities is only surpassed by the joy of building systems that are, by design, immune to those vulnerabilities, we should talk.
Examples include designing and implementing secure boot and network authentication schemes across compute modules of varied capabilities; building and supporting binary artifact signing infrastructure; conceiving Identity and Access Management (IAM) schemes for end users, operations personnel and embedded modules; a Key Management System (KMS) that works across vehicles and cloud infrastructure; vehicle attack surface analysis and mitigation; secure software development practices and analysis.
- Inspects code in several languages and suggests/implements improvements to remove vulnerable constructs. Routinely goes through large amounts of code and follows up on high-value findings.
- Understands vulnerabilities and their mitigations in major software libraries (e.g. openssl, libc…). Has historical perspective on major sources of problems and good intuition and ability to prioritize where to focus---in-house codebase, 3rd party dependencies, etc.
- Tracks CVEs for multiple platforms, understands multiple large code bases, evaluates applicability of CVEs; consults with code owners as needed (while working autonomously most of the time).
- Communicates with code owners (stakeholder teams) and balances leaning on those teams to improve coding standards vs. tactically helping out those teams by directly fixing issues. Projects influence into partner teams in order to scale the impact of our work effectively. Champions and fosters good practices at partner teams.
- (Bonus) Experienced in using binary analysis tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field (we would consider candidates without a college degree if they demonstrate, through experience, the relevant skills)
- Work experience in cybersecurity, either at a company that focuses on cybersecurity, or in a role that requires tracking, triaging, and resolving vulnerabilities in a large code base.
- Demonstrated programming skills in at least one compiled and one interpreted language.
- Track record in finding high-profile, published vulnerabilities as evidenced by CVE and other sources.
- Relevant security certifications or degrees
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.