Software Engineer - HD Mapping Algorithms
SoftwareApply for this position
Our Calibration, Localization, and Mapping (CLAMS) team is responsible for building the algorithms and tools necessary for keeping Zoox vehicles well calibrated, always knowing where they’re located within the world, and aware of their environment. Without precise calibration, localization, and mapping our vehicles would be at a disadvantage when it comes to perceiving and reasoning about the surrounding world, and is therefore foundational in enabling results from many other teams across Zoox. This work is critical for scaling autonomous driving in a safe and reliable way. We are looking for engineers who are ambitious and excited about helping Zoox deliver on its goals to deliver autonomous mobility.
- One of the most critical ways a self driving car localizes is using a high definition 3D map. As a Software Engineer working on Mapping Algorithms, you will investigate, develop, and validate rigorous and cutting-edge solutions to all of the challenging mapping problems our cities have to offer. In solving these algorithmic problems, you will collaborate in building a highly automated, scalable, multi-modality, 3D mapping system. There is a strong need for algorithms to be verifiably robust, operating on diverse data across a variety of environments and conditions without human intervention.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Fluency in C++
- Experience with non-linear state estimation / SLAM
- Familiarity with spatial data structures
- Proficiency in probability and statistics
- Experience designing metrics and validating algorithms
- Has a humble passion for getting the details right
- MS or PhD in a robotics-related field
- Familiarity with camera, lidar, and radar data
- Familiarity with robust estimation techniques
- Experience handling large data sets efficiently
- Experience creating intuitive visualizations for spatial data
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.