Camera Module Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
In this role, Zoox is looking for a candidate with a strong background in camera module development from design to production. In this role, candidates are expected to own and maintain the Zoox camera specification. Regularly engage and lead technical relationships with camera and component suppliers. Support internal engineering teams with technical decision-making and definition of test plans. Provide regular technical status reports to upper-level management.
- Drive camera module end to end activities with a holistic understanding of camera module hardware
- Manage camera builds - manufacturing process, End of line testing, IQC/OQC testing and test specifications
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (TPM, optics, ME, EE, SW and Integration teams) to communicate, drive and provide solutions to technical issues
- Drive technical conversations with suppliers and internal core teams in a regular basis
- Provide summary of technical blockers/issues to the management
- Lead Research and development work for next generation cameras
- B.S. in Optics, Physics, or EE
- 3-5 years of technical leadership in designing, building and integration of Cameras
- Experience guiding camera module hardware from requirements to high-volume production
- Experience with development, qualification, and reliability testing of camera modules
- Experience integrating cameras with complex hardware/software platforms
- Strong technical documentation and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Requirement management tools (e.g. DOORS, Polarion)
- Familiarity with PPAP, ISO 26262, AEC Q100, ISO1675
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.